Because that is the only way to challenge our luthier partners and to offer you the best choice of modern classical guitars, we are always searching for new luthiers.
Keijo Korelin is our latest discovery and is living in the deep Finland making wonderful double-top classical guitars. He has been trained with the best double-top luthiers (such as Gernot Wagner) and has developped a very particular double-top guitar which is called Triticum.
- The guitar is loud (but not too loud to maintained the feel and touch of a ‘traditional’ guitar),
- The balance brightness/warmness is amazing, one cannot tell that the guitar is dark or clear, just the right balance.
- The treble are incredibly elegant thick, crystal-clear. They remind me the treble of the Gernot wagner guitar although there are less medium in the bass.
- The bass are just perfect with some brightness to increase string separation
- Craftmanship is perfect – elevated fingerboard, with wonderful Alessi tuners
The whole result is amazing, this DT is surely among the best one that you can find.
Here are some byography information on Keijo borrowed from his website:
“I have been making this double top model since 2010 and it has been my main focus since then. I call this model Triticum, the scientific genus that wheat belongs to. Wheat has been the main motif in my rosette design, tuning machines and label. I took my inspiration from Art Nouveau style and especially the work of French cabinetmaker Louis Majorelle.
My Triticum double top model is a powerful, really dynamic guitar with an extremely broad spectrum of colours and shades, evenness over all the fretboard, great playability and superb craftsmanship.
The Triticum model is a combination of Torres ́s heritage, my own ideas and modern techniques I learned in cooperation with my collegues such as Gernot Wagner, Gregory Byers and Eric Monrad.
The Triticum model has a double top made of Nomex, an elevated fingerboard, carbon strengthened neck, a continuous lining ”sound ring”, compensated nut and saddle bones and a twelve hole saddle.
My Triticum model is played by such guitarists as Stephen Brew (USA), Riccardo Invernizzo (Italy), Miklos Környei (Hungary), Masaaki Nakajima (Japan), Juuso Nieminen (Finland), Nemanja Ostoich (USA), Aleksi Rajala (Finland), Otto Tolonen (Finland), Victor Santana (Brazil) etc.”
Contact us !
For more information, contact us by using the form below or call us at 0033684784569