Charalampos Koumridis is a Greek luthier making amazing modern guitars which offer a wonderful musicality.
The luthier Charalampos Koumridis from Greece, will be definitly the discovery of the year end. Whereas we thought we knew all top European luthiers, we discovered an amazing luthier making wonderful traditional, double-top and lattice guitars. All his guitar models are amazing of musicality.
Here we have a lattice braced guitar inspired by the Greg Smallman guitars. Everything has been said on the Greg Smallman sound, this lattice model of Charalampos sounds to us even better. You will find singing warm trebles, very thick notes with a long sustain and as well deep basses more natural sounding than the one you can find on the Greg Smallman guitars. Charalampos has worked in th direction of a more natural sound. The result is amazing.
We are waiting for some bio information and to keep you waiting here are more technical description of the guitar:
- Top : western red cedar, lattice bracing with balsa & carbon,
- Back & Sides : Indian Rosewood, laminated, In and out-indian rosewood,
- Neck : Material: Spanish cedar, reinforce with ebony, Thickness: 1st fret – 21.5 mm 9th fret – 23 mm
- Fingerboard : Elevated fingerboard, Material: ebony, 65 cm Scale length, Extra frets: 20th fret for 3 treble strings, Width: nut – 52.3 mm 12th fret – 62.3 mm
- Strings : Spacing: Nut – 8.4 mm (42 mm from 1st to 6th), Bridge – 11.7 mm (58.5 mm from 1st to 6th), Action height at 12th fret: 1st string – 2.8 mm; 6th string – 3.7 mm
- Bridge : Tie block: 12-hole type, Material: Padouk
- tuners : Alessi H5, spacing: 35 mm, black knops
- Finish : French-polished with shellac
- Weight : Completed instrument (without tuners) weighs approximately 2850 gr
Contact us !
For more information, contact us by using the form below or call us at 0033684784569